Terms and Conditons
Because the terms of this Celebration are unique, please be sure to carefully read all the information presented below to avoid disappointment.
Registration goes live [date] at 2:00pm (EDT).
Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
Who can attend the online Celebration?
The Northeast Dharma Celebration is open to the people of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. This includes: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
If you do not live in the Northeast or Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States but had planned to attend the Celebration in person at KMC New York before it became a livestream event, you are welcome to register.
Registration is necessary for Online Celebration: Online links are intended for the registered recipient only and should not be shared.
PLEASE NOTE FOR LIVE-STREAM VIEWING:
The Avalokiteshvara empowerment will only be viewable on Saturday, April 30 from 11:00am-1:00pm EDT. It will NOT be viewable after this time. If you miss the empowerment at this time, you will not have another chance to view it.
All other sessions, including the introduction, teachings, meditations, and Wishfulfilling Jewel prayers will be available to view until Sunday, September 19 at 11:59pm EDT.
Registration for the live-stream NEDC is available until Sunday, [date] at 2:30pm (EDT).
Please note that the empowerment is only viewable until 1:00pm on Saturday, September 11. To ensure you receive your links for the empowerment in time, please book by Thursday,September 9 at 9:30pm. If you register after this, you, you may not receive your viewing link in time to watch the empowerment; but you will have access to all of the other sessions until Sunday, September 19 at 11:59pm.
In-person Registration: Because you have the opportunity to enjoy the Celebration in the blessed US World Peace Temple, if you register to attend in-person at KMC New York, you will NOT receive links to view online.
In-person COVID-19 Information: By booking for the in-person NEDC at KMC New York, you agree to follow the COVID-19 protocols required to attend this in-person event. Please be aware that the Celebration COVID-19 guidelines and protocols may be updated at any time based on New York state and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and at the discretion of the NEDC organizers. This may include requiring mask wearing in KMC NY buildings, including the temple, and a requirement to receive a negative COVID-19 test result before attending the event, regardless of vaccination status. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
For those staying in dorm or shared rooms, because you are sharing with other individuals you did not necessarily travel with, you must receive a negative COVID-19 test result before arriving.
Staying Onsite: Other than camping, all accommodations must be booked for the full event. Please only book these accommodations if you are planning to attend the full event. Do not book onsite accommodations (other than camping) if you plan to leave early.
Payment & Refund Policy: Please read the following information carefully!
Online registrations are for the full event
or empowerment day only.
- In-person registrations can be for any days of the NEDC weekend. Please note, most onsite accommodations must be booked for the full event. Registrations made more than 7 days before the start of the Celebration: A minimum 25% deposit is required at the time of registration. Registrations without the minimum deposit will be cancelled automatically after 72 hours, after which it will be necessary to make a new booking.
- Full payment required 7 days before the start of the Celebration: To ensure that we are able to check the status of your registration and payment, and to avoid any delay in receiving the links, full payment is required by September 3. Registrations made after this date require full payment at the time of booking.
- Late registrations (within 24 hours of start of the NEDC or after the Celebration has started): Late registrations, i.e. those made after 9:30pm (NY EDT) on September 9, may receive the links at least 24 hours after registration, or later in the event of a large number of late registrations being received. Please help us to get the links to you in a timely manner by not registering last minute.
- Live Stream Cancellations and Refunds: A $6 admin fee will be retained for all cancellations made at least 2 days prior to the start of the Celebration (11:59 pm on Wednesday, September 8). After this, all fees are non-refundable.
- Accommodation and Meal Cancellations and Refunds:If you cancel more than 72 hours before the start of the Celebration or your arrival, whichever is earlier, 25% of the total booking will be retained, including meals and accommodation, and the balance refunded. Cancellations within 72 hours are non-refundable.
- Refund exceptions: Exceptions are discretionary and may be made in cases such as bereavement or sickness (including COVID-19 self-isolation or local lockdown), or other reasonably unforeseen circumstances. All such requests must be made in writing to [email protected] within 2 weeks of the NEDC start date.
- Donating refundable cancellation fees to International Temple’s Project: If you wish to donate the refundable portion of your cancelled fee to the International Temple’s Project, please indicate this at the time of cancellation.Any non-refunded fees for cancellations received will be donated to the NKT International Temples Project